Do you feel like life is passing you in a whirlwind of drama and plenty of activities? Do you look forward to better days? That is not likely to occur but what can happen is you may decrease clutter and simplify your life by making a few simple decisions and making a couple of changes. Here are six organizing suggestions that can help you decrease clutter and our lives.
1. If you have been postponing doing a project and it’s stressing you up, do it today. Having the most challenging project or tasks done and out of your way will make you less worried of doing it later and then you will have the freedom to move on to the things that you would prefer doing with a clear conscience.
2. Do you get lots of newspaper coming on a daily basis into your home and your life? You can choose to stop the paper from causing you stress, taking your time up and creating clutter. Get off junk mail lists. Some companies can help remove you from unwanted mail lists. Do an online search to find such companies. You can reduce the total amount of junk mail by over 90% by registering to have my name removed from lists. Reduce the number of catalogues you are currently getting and unwanted mail.
3. Reduce clutter from your car, office and your home. Having plenty of stuff causes anxiety because it requires some time and effort for maintenance and it takes our attention away from other things need to focus on. It wastes our time since we have clutter lying around and just can’t seem to find things that we need quickly. You can donate or sell unwanted and unused products.
4. Eliminating debt may reduce clutter if you have been stressing about it. Or if you use your cards to buy stuff just because it’s available on sale, a good but or simply too good or pass up and you do not need. Having fewer things makes things easier.
5. Pay your bills online and get your statements online rather than receiving ending paper bills. This eliminates the need to utilize your time to write a check, get an envelope and a stamp (which saves money) and send it to the mailbox. Create a folder on your pc to send the notifications you get when your financial institution notifies you about bills that have been cleared. This is a superb way of minimizing clutter and making your life easier.
6. Rather than attempting to recall everything you have in your mind, make use of a planner. Carry it everywhere you go. This will reduce clutter in your purse, car, in your kitchen counter since there won’t be notes stuck all over.
Consider the benefits of reducing clutter. Keep yourself focused as you work towards bettering your own life.